THEME – BREATHE LIFE INTO THE FUTURE
What is the LCZ motto? Friendship & Service – once our friendship blossoms and we get to know each other we support and encourage one another and we begin to inspire those that felt certain things could not be done. We become future leaders not only in Ladies Circle but organizations where we work benefit. Therefore we breathe life in to the future through friendship ties and learning from each other. In terms of the service component of our motto, we live this theme in our current national project where we have engaged into ensuring community schools are provided with reading materials so that the young upcoming future leaders are equipped. Even the various Circle projects running are also living this theme, each Circle has empowered and breathed life into future of a certain section of Society, Circle 5 Mirriam, Circle 4 Kamanga CBTO, Circle 2 Chibolya and the list goes on. As Circlers we are breathing life into the future of so many people in our society, we give hope and light where there is darkness. I invite this gathering to join me in my theme as we together breathe life into the future.
Key Result Areas for 2016/17
- Continue the membership growth strategy started by Past President Charity – targets these will be shared with the board and cascaded to each Circle, there will be rewards for Circles who attain targets earlier than others;
- Ensure donations to the remaining schools under the national project i.e.
- Partner with corporates in achieving the above donation targets, ladies on our own, we cannot realize our dreams but if we engage the business community, we can achieve whatever we want;
- Encourage more family fellowships
- Make LCZ more visible in the media for good deeds, another target for Public Relations officers in 2016/17.
With those few words, I can only appeal for your full support in the coming year. Let us hold hands as we breathe life into the future.